The enterprise technology sector carries a significant volume of latent information in comparison to consumer technology, which tends to have more public exposure. However, sell-side analysts in investment banks frequently resort to seeking quick answers from company management, customer surveys, and sales channels, rather than conducting thorough research.
Inherently, this approach, while convenient, creates noise, and tends to trigger short-term fluctuations, leading to high volatility in the share price. Investors often find themselves swiftly moving in and out of positions due to a lack of deep and comprehensive understanding of the companies.
At the same time, engineers, despite their intimate knowledge of technical details, often lack the business acumen and financial analysis that are crucial for equity research. Furthermore, they often miss bigger picture industry dynamics, and lack consideration for the higher level architectural tradeoffs that many enterprise tech firms have made, as they best position for long-term growth and profitability.
Convequity delivers valuable differentiated research through the following approaches:
- Product Analysis: We devote the necessary time to thoroughly comprehend the product offerings of a company, including their differentiators, trade-offs, competitiveness, value proposition, roadmap, and more.
- Industry Evaluation: We study the industry holistically, not just by examining the company in isolation or merely against public comparables. We meticulously appraise the company's current and future positioning within the entire industry.
- Cross-validation: We scrutinize both well-established public companies and emerging startups simultaneously, providing insights into the early stages of the tech business and the industry's future trends.
For more information regarding our approach to equity research, please visit the Why Convequity page.
For individual investors, we offer the premium subscription, which includes a deep dives and updates on a weekly basis, plus two complimentary 30-minute analyst calls for potential institutional subscribers.
For institutional clients, we provide multi-user access, analyst calls, webinars, tailored written research, and inquiry sessions to dive deeper into reports. To learn more, please reach out to us at [email protected]
Sample reports, case studies, and pre-sale analyst calls are also available to prospective clients. To access these resources, please fill out the form:
Our research coverage spans major areas of enterprise technology, including:
- Cybersecurity: SentinelOne, Crowdstrike, Zscaler, Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, Check Point, Microsoft, VMware (Broadcom), Cloudflare, Okta.
- Data: Palantir, Datadog, Snowflake, Confluent, Amazon.
- Productivity: GitLab, Asana, monday.com, Jamf, Unity, DropBox, Twilio.
- Special situations and long-term opportunities in semiconductor and consumer technology.
We also cover pre-IPO startups across the aforementioned fields, such as Netskope, Wiz Security, Orca Security, Lacework, Claroty, Dragos, Armis, Databricks, Grafana Labs, Starburst, Airtable, and more.
For more information, please visit the Coverage page.
To keep abreast of our work and receive notes and ideas, be sure to follow us on:
- Twitter for notes and ideas
- Substack for free articles and podcasts
- Seeking Alpha for free stock-specific articles
For general inquiries, please email us at [email protected].
For subscription-related inquiries, please email us at [email protected].